Are you a dance company, a dance pedagogue, a professional dance school or a vocational school?
Do you want to receive up-to-date, dance-scientific based topics - presented either in a lecture or a workshop format?
Are you looking for new training concepts, scientific based information and practical ways to support the health of your dancers?
I am looking forward to helping your institution to reach this goal - with dance-scientific theoretical and practical know-how presented to you in a diversified and entertaining manner.
It is utterly important to me to find out your needs and arising questions in a first personal live or online meeting where we can discuss together a timeframe as well as goals. Book your first meeting here.
- The effects of a 10-week plyometric training intervention on jump performance in professional ballet dancers.
- Bridging the gap between season start and performance period: Discussing a pre-performance additional workout for professional ballet dancers.
- Periodization for dancers. - The importance of load and rest in training cycles
- The inclusion of fitness training for dancers as a preventative instrument to decrease injuries.
Physical preparation program: from season start to performances
Fit4performingarts creates tailored, progressive workouts with the idea of a supportive transition from the start of the season into the demanding physical activity of the first performance.
Traditionally, dancers - after a long holiday break /injury/COVID-19 - are expected to be ready fully for the daily demands of long rehearsals as well as for performances.
However, reality shows that dancers are often left alone with their preparation after a longer break. In addition, work loads are often too high and not progressive at the season start to prevent overuse syndroms.
Ths program will create a supportive transition, lasting between 6-8 weeks, making the return from holiday/break progressive, therefore safe and healthy.
It will cover:
- safe warm-up and cool-down routines
- cardio-vascular training
- neuromuscular exercises
- balancing tasks
- strength training
- agility training
Workshop: Plyometric jump training
General and dance-specific plyometric training for dancers: An efficient training concept to increase jump power and force.
- Current study evidence
- Plyometric master session with and without additional equipment
- Theoretical background
- do's and don'ts
- and much more...
Workshop: Fitness Guidelines for dancers and dance pedagogues
What appropriate elements belong to an included or supplemental fitness training for professional dancers?
- A dance-scientific analysis
- Discussion of a traditional or dance-scientific approach
- aerobic and anaerobic cardio-vascular training as a means to injury prevention
- The importance of the core
- The importance of the leg alignment
- Jump training: Prerequisites and examples
- and many more...
Workshop: Our feet, the fundament for a stable passé, clean pirouettes and high jumps
Our feet are the base for stable dance moves. This workshop shows how to use, strengthen and mobilize them efficiently
- Anatomical background
- Getting to know different feet forms
- Strengthening all layers in the feet
- Transfer to dance
- Fascia workout for feet
Lecture at Tamed Online-Kongress für Tanzmedizin (2021): The development of a pre-performance preparation work-out for professional ballet dancers.
Lecture at 29. IADMS Kongress (International Association for Dance Medicine & Science, 2019): Bridging the gap between season start and performances: The development of a pre-performance preparation work-out for professional ballet dancers.
Workshop in Vienna in collaboration with Pilates System Europe bei Anna Schrefl (2019): Sprungkrafttraining für TänzerInnen, Tanzpädagogen und TrainerInnen.
Lecture at 28. IADMS Kongress (International Association for Dance Medicine & Science, 2018): The effects of a 10-week plyometric training intervention on jump performance in professional ballet dancers.
Lecture at the 14th Tamed Kongress für Tanzmedizin in Frankfurt (2018): The effects of a 10-week plyometric training interventionn on jump performance in professional ballet dancers.
Workshop at the 14th Tamed Kongress für Tanzmedizin in Frankfurt (2018): Dance-specific plyometric training: A way to improve strength and power.